Author Topic: Surgery with Fielding in a couple of weeks :D  (Read 2763 times)

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
Hey guys been reading these forums for 4 years now. Finally decided to do something about this condition. Had first consultation on May 6th and have my surgery scheduled for 2 weeks from now. I know it took sometime but the important thing is that I will be finally rid of this condition and can move on with life :).

Anyway for anyone out there reading and feeling scared to go see a doctor about it please do yourself a favour and go see them. This is now a very commonly known condition and people are a lot more understanding then the assholes we dealt with in school.

Btw anyone have any advice on what I should do or any idea on what I should expect post op.

Thanks!
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey guys been reading these forums for 4 years now. Finally decided to do something about this condition. Had first consultation on May 6th and have my surgery scheduled for 2 weeks from now. I know it took sometime but the important thing is that I will be finally rid of this condition and can move on with life :).

Congrats!

Yep, JCF.... HE-DA-MAN!

This is now a very commonly known condition and people are a lot more understanding then the assholes we dealt with in school.

Yes, there were many A-holes in school. Very cruel, people can be! ( Watching too much Star Wars I am... ;) )

Btw anyone have any advice on what I should do or any idea on what I should expect post op.

Post-op... not much too it Dude. You will feel some discomfort, no real 'pain'. Just get lots of rest. That's about it.

John.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 10:41:19 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Congrats dps,
Thats a long time to be reading the forums here....
I'm sure you're making a well informed decision...

I'll be there in a couple months brotha!!
Best of luck with the surgery!!  :D

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Congrats dps,
Thats a long time to be reading the forums here....
I'm sure you're making a well informed decision...

I'll be there in a couple months brotha!!
Best of luck with the surgery!!  :D

Thanks for the support guys, always appreciated!

I was actually on here with another username but I lost password for it. I actually wanted to get surgery a lot earlier but never had the courage to let my family know. I did let them know and they were obviously very very understanding. Weird how I had built up the worse case scenario in my mind!

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
Great, nice to know you're getting it done soon! I have mine scheduled on August 24th.

Like you I was pretty nervous in telling my family, but they were very understanding, I think they've known some way or another all along but just thought it was fat that would go away after I started working out like I did. Well I did start working out a few years ago... lost a ton of weight and the problem really became apparent.

I find it interesting how almost all of us have tried the same things to cover it up ( which usually don't work and make it look worse most of the time :) )

- Slouching forward to hide it ( makes it look worse )
- Having my arms crossed ( my mom even pointed out it makes it look worse this way )
- Pretending to stretch by  have my arms back behind my head
- Wearing extremely loose clothing ( makes you look more overweight )

Offline dps

• Bronze Member

I find it interesting how almost all of us have tried the same things to cover it up ( which usually don't work and make it look worse most of the time :) )

- Slouching forward to hide it ( makes it look worse )
- Having my arms crossed ( my mom even pointed out it makes it look worse this way )
- Pretending to stretch by  have my arms back behind my head
- Wearing extremely loose clothing ( makes you look more overweight )

Damn don't you know it. I have been wearing underarmour one size too small for the last 2 years now! I always used to get asked, "damn how can you wear so many layers in this heat?"

The shoulder slouching was especially bad when I was younger but I worked out a lot and that fixed my posture and pronounced my moobs!

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Are you having surgery on the 13th?  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024