Author Topic: Will more surgery likely be needed?  (Read 2254 times)

Offline scorion78

Hi everyone,

I'm posting a pic of my before and after surgery.

Pre-op and 8 weeks post-op.

Although I know there is a huge difference, I'm still not as flat-chested as I'd like to be. I still have to wear my compression vest when I go out because I'm still very "pointy!"

I had liposuction done on both sides and excision done only on the right side. I didn't cheat a single millisecond with my doctors instructions but I still don't have the results I'm looking for. And although it may still be too early to tell, judging from other peoples photos I thought that I would be much farther along by now towards having the nice and flat chest that I've been dreaming about since I was twelve!

Has anyone had a similar experience and if so do you think that I'm going to have to revisit the operating table?

Thanks for you time and replies!

(Can post more pics if necessary)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At 8 weeks after surgery, you are still in the active healing phase -- and there is still probably some swelling present as well.

Would not be premature in looking for additional surgery.  Give it the full 6 months or more before deciding -- and then go back to your surgeon for a careful assessment of the results.

Relax.... and give it time to heal completely.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline scorion78

Thank you for the reply!

I know you're right but the waiting is proving to be the toughest part. At least I'm on the other side of this obstacle now, the healing has begun! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024