Author Topic: Just had surgery!! w/ pics  (Read 3776 times)

Offline nj1035

• Posting Member
Had surgery yesterday....pre and post op pics are linked below.

My case was fairly mild but still bothered me enough to get the procedure.  I'm worried a little bit about my right nipple as it's a bit folded over, i guess you could describe it, but I'm hoping that goes away with time.  I couldn't believe how flat my chest was this morning when I took the vest and foam off.  I thought I had been working on my pecs, but damn, they were nowhere to be found!  I guess I need to work extra hard in the gym when I go back.  What do you guys think of the results?  I'm almost worried too much was taken out...I don't really know though.  I suppose the best thing to do is be patient and see what the final results are in 4-6 months ( that's what the doc said).

Right when I first woke up from anesthesia was pretty damn rough - my girlfriend drove me back to the hotel.  The damn road was bumpy as hell, I was so pissed.  But once I got back and took my pain meds everything was fine.  I'm pretty much off them already and it's only been a day and a half.  Pain is very mild at this point.

Pre-op

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53929630@N02/sets/72157624957435300/

Post-op

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53929630@N02/sets/72157624832811681/

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Nice job!  I know you'll be happy with the result.  At first, it's a little surprising, with bruising, a flat look from the vest, etc.  But it will all settle out and look fine over time.  Notice how the diameter of your areolae is already improved.  You already have a more natural looking chest, in just one day!  So follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and you should do fine.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline nj1035

• Posting Member
Thanks for the words of encouragement doc!  I'm anxious to see the final results but I know I have to be patient.

I'll post more pics as the healing progresses

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
it's looking real good bud... congrats, hopefully I can follow suit soon as well... best of luck!

Offline nj1035

• Posting Member
So I'm now a week post op and back at work.  I work at a restaurant so I'm moving around a lot.  Been getting these quick stinging pains where the incisions were.  I sweat slightly, maybe that could be it?  Anyone know if this is ok?

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
The stinging pains are usually the nerve endings surrounding the areola that are re-attaching themselves... nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:08:37 PM by gyneco_1001 »

Offline nj1035

• Posting Member
Thanks!  Makes me feel better

Offline nj1035

• Posting Member
So I'm one week post op now.  Feeling very good (just got the foam off!), and almost my normal self.  Still some very minor pain if i reach too far, and every now and then that burning or stinging feeling in my nipples. 

Speaking of, my only concern at this point is that both of my nipples have a crease in them.  You can see the incision at the bottom of the nipple, and then right above that, in between the incision and the nipple, there is a crease.  It doesn't look terrible in the photos but it looks kind of weird in real life.  Can I expect this to go away in the healing process, or am I stuck with it?

I suppose I can live with it, after all I never expected everything to be perfect.  Other than that I feel very good about my results so far.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  Thanks.

Pics below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53929630@N02/sets/72157624882459855/

Offline OneLife

• Posting Member
Who doesn't have a crease after surgery? ??? .....It is quite normal. Don't worry, it wears off over time.....wait for 3-4 weeks. Btw good results.....

Offline nj1035

• Posting Member
Who doesn't have a crease after surgery? ??? .....It is quite normal. Don't worry, it wears off over time.....wait for 3-4 weeks. Btw good results.....

Thanks for the reply!  Just to be clear, I don't mean the crease of the incision.  I mean a crease above the incision, which is basically my nipple sort of folded over.  But if that does wear off, great!  That's really my only concern at this point.

Thanks

Offline texastoast88

• Posting Member
How's it going with the healing process thus far? Dude, your surgery results look awesome! How's it feel? I'm about to get it done myself, any words of advice?
Dallas Mavericks basketball for life

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024