Author Topic: AAS Induced Gynecomastia ---------- My GP says it will resolve.  (Read 3662 times)

Offline nutella

• Bronze Member
To all Doctors,

In the spring of 2010 I decided to try my first cycle of Testosterone injections. Once I came off cycle I took an anti-estrogen and followed a PCT plan as I was directed to do. Unfortunatley, once I came off of this Anti-Estrogen a little lump popped up under my left nipple. I ended up going to see three different GP's and they all told me the same thing: it is Gyno but once your hormone levels get back to normal they will be gone. They told me that this should resolve in about three months.

It has been just about three months now and there has been really no change in the lump. It is still sensitive to the touch; it will still discharge if squeezed; and it still looks ugly. It is a fairly minor lump but it is destroying my emotional state and I need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

DrBermant

To all Doctors,

In the spring of 2010 I decided to try my first cycle of Testosterone injections. Once I came off cycle I took an anti-estrogen and followed a PCT plan as I was directed to do. Unfortunatley, once I came off of this Anti-Estrogen a little lump popped up under my left nipple. I ended up going to see three different GP's and they all told me the same thing: it is Gyno but once your hormone levels get back to normal they will be gone. They told me that this should resolve in about three months.

It has been just about three months now and there has been really no change in the lump. It is still sensitive to the touch; it will still discharge if squeezed; and it still looks ugly. It is a fairly minor lump but it is destroying my emotional state and I need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

I have seen many many patients over the years complain about the tenderness, discomfort, and breast growth that just would not go away after stopping the substance that caused the problem. With such persisting Gynecomastia Symptoms, gland still most likely is swollen and not stabilized. The problem may yet resolve once the gland is no longer swollen.

Time to resolution can vary from days, to weeks, months, or years. I am sorry, but this is a problem best evaluated by someone with more training than a family practice person, internist, or general practitioner. I prefer an experienced Endocrinologist.

Medical treatment of gynecomastia works only on the swollen phase of gland stimulation by blocking the effects of the stimulating hormones. Once this swelling subsides, there seems to be little effect of medical management unless there is an underlying problem. The human hormone system is in a delicate balance that can be thrown out of kilter. Sometimes it can recover on its own. Other times, patients stop the stimulating agent and the tenderness and growth persists. If tenderness, growth, nipple discharge or other Symptoms of Gynecomastia Growth continue, I ask my patients to have an evaluation by an experienced Endocrinologist. I have even seen patients who after cycling with self medication have untreatable continued breast growth. One particular patient had already had 2 major breast reductions by other doctors and regrew massive breasts after each operation. His endocrine system could not be reset, several endocrinologists were unable to find anything to change.

I prefer to operate on a stable problem whenever possible. If the breasts have stopped growing, are not tender, then surgery is an option. Otherwise you are risking breast regrowth.

No Surgery Body Shaping Compression Garments are a great temporizing measure. They can give an instant contour improvement as soon as you put one on. The problem is, once removed, the original problem remains. However, as an emotional band-aide they are spectacular. You should see the expressions on patients in my office trying one on! Some use it while their problems are stabilizing. Others use the garments until they can afford the operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More aboutGynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024