Author Topic: your opinion matters  (Read 3104 times)

Offline rebelans

• Posting Member
please tell me what you think how bad is it.. i had surgery before for it and it seems nothing really changed

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I've always been of the opinion that if it's noticeable.....it's bad.  At least, it's bad ENOUGH to warrant being concerned and taking steps to do something about it.

If you had some type of correction before, you need to look into the REASON your breast tissue is growing.  Have you had your hormones checked?  I think you need to go to an endocrinologist and try to get to the bottom of why this is happening to you. 

Offline rebelans

• Posting Member
yeah prior to the correction i had my hormones checked and there was nothing hormonal really horrible about it. i just think my surgeon didnt go a good job.. he said i needed also a doughnut lift, which i didnt have the money for. I am going to try to really loose a lot more weight and see if it will go down

DrBermant

please tell me what you think how bad is it.. i had surgery before for it and it seems nothing really changed
yeah prior to the correction i had my hormones checked and there was nothing hormonal really horrible about it. i just think my surgeon didnt go a good job.. he said i needed also a doughnut lift, which i didnt have the money for. I am going to try to really loose a lot more weight and see if it will go down

A single picture partially obscured by shadows does not tell much of the story. If loose skin was an issue then using Standard Pictures to Evaluate Skin and Gynecomastia on the Male Chest can help others better understand your concerns. Close up pictures of the scars can also contribute to the analysis.

Surgery accomplishes only certain aspects. If loose skin was a factor that was not addressed, then it remains after surgery as a contributor to the contour problem. Fix one aspect when there are several contributing factors and results are compromised. Yet the scars of a Male Donut Mastopexy are a compromise in their own regards. For my techniques, I am able to avoid the donut mastopexy and get an amazing amount of skin shrinkage during surgery for most patients. Yet there are limits. When there is so much loose skin, then I more commonly use a Skin Reduction Chest Lift to minimize the wrinkling distortion of a major skin reduction done only through the edge of the areola.

Of course the skin reduction aspect is not the only cause of contour issues after gynecomastia surgery. Residual fat, gland, and scars can also contribute to contour issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your photos are not really sufficient to allow a good reply.  However, it appears that you are overweight and have breasts which are flattened and lax.  This often happens when surgery is performed on men who are overweight and when the skin has been stretched out -- the results are predictable.

Best for you to post some better photos (preferably taken by another person) and then some info about yourself (ie height, weight, max weight,) as well as details about your prior surgery.

We might be able to help you then.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline rebelans

• Posting Member
I am 5'11 213 lbs 34 inch waist..

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What was your maximum weight?  Also, when was your prior surgery and what was done (ie did the surgeon to only lipo or gland excision or both?)

Dr Jacobs

Offline rebelans

• Posting Member
my weight at that time was 209, a few months ago i was 198 and it didnt look any different..i think there are probably sagging skin..the Dr performed just lipo on me, i was supposed to get the doughnut lift during the procedure, but couldnt afford. He said there was a chance that the skin will snap back or not..but apparently it looks like it didnt. when i  am laying down it seems more normal than when i am just standing up

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Since your weight is not significantly different, what has happened is apparently lack of elasticity of your skin with resultant laxity.  Doubt if anything is going to improve spontaneously.  You may have to consider some type of skin tightening procedure in the future.

At this time, it might be best to get into the best shape you can, lose whatever weight you wish to do and wear some snug body garments to give you a better shape.

I would then consult with an experienced gyne surgeon to learn about the best ways to tighten your skin.

Dr Jacobs

DrBermant

my weight at that time was 209, a few months ago i was 198 and it didnt look any different..i think there are probably sagging skin..the Dr performed just lipo on me, i was supposed to get the doughnut lift during the procedure, but couldnt afford. He said there was a chance that the skin will snap back or not..but apparently it looks like it didnt. when i  am laying down it seems more normal than when i am just standing up

Sagging skin is demonstrated by the effects of gravity. Without gravity, tissue would not sag. That is why standing up looks different than lying down. That is also why I added bending over views to demonstrate the degree of sagging. That is the key difference between my normal set of gynecomastia pictures and the Male Mastopexy Standard Pictures. Drooping can be there to different degrees. Surgery, just as life, is a series of compromises. Learning about such choices and compromises before surgery is the better option. Sagging, scars, and cost all factor into the equation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline lboogie

• Posting Member
Wit the beater on you look fine, it's when you come off with the shirt the gyno starts to stick out.  Just hit the gym bro if you don't have the money...it should tone out a bit where you can get it looking right for you.  Good luck man.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024