Author Topic: Question about stretched skin and puffy nipple  (Read 4371 times)

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Good day Doctors.  I would like to ask you a question.  Please advise your opinion on this matter.  I have had gyne surgery done over a year ago.  Although there was much improvement, I still have puffy nipples.  I went for a consultation and was informed that I have no gland, and appearance is because I have to have surgery to pull my skin and make it tight.  The consultation people told me this is a full proper surgery where the nipple will be cut and then has to be stitched back on.  I'm really concerned and confused.  Could any of you please shed some light on my case.  Thank you.

DrBermant

Good day Doctors.  I would like to ask you a question.  Please advise your opinion on this matter.  I have had gyne surgery done over a year ago.  Although there was much improvement, I still have puffy nipples.  I went for a consultation and was informed that I have no gland, and appearance is because I have to have surgery to pull my skin and make it tight.  The consultation people told me this is a full proper surgery where the nipple will be cut and then has to be stitched back on.  I'm really concerned and confused.  Could any of you please shed some light on my case.  Thank you.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help others better understand your problem. There are many possible causes of Puffy Nipple Complication After Gynecomastia Surgery. The most common I have seen from other doctors' surgery is residual gland and fat left behind. There are other possible causes best determined during an evaluation with an experienced Revision Gynecomastia Surgeon. Removing the nipple and putting it back on as a graft tends to make a horrible result, especially with pigmentation and sensation. Look for before / after surgery pictures that a doctor has done before subjecting yourself to such techniques.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Obviously, posting photos will be helpful.  Details of your surgery, as performed by your surgeon, would also be helpful.

In my experience, your condition may occur if insufficient release of the surrounding tissues has been performed during surgery.  In essence, if only the tissue under the areola has been removed, but no release of the surrounding tissues, then the areolar skin has nowhere to go and may remain lax and puffy.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Dr. Jacobs,

Thats exactly what happened!  You're spot on.  May I ask what is the easiest solution.  (als the cheapest as I have a tight budget on this)..  Thank you.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
More than likely, you will need some type of revision surgery.  Usually some type of undermining of the surrounding tissues to allow the areola to settle down.  This can be done with sharp instruments or perhaps with a liposuction cannula but without the suction turned on.

I think you should discuss these considerations with your surgeon -- the surgeon should have a financial policy about revisions.

Dr Jacobs

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024