Author Topic: 6 months post op, right nipple is still puffy  (Read 5083 times)

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member
Had surgery done in Lebanon by Dr. Toni Nassar on 1st of June. It costed $3500. My main reason was puffy nipples from puberty. Both lipo and excision were done.

I wore compression vest for 1 month, 24/7. My left nipple has been flat since day one, unlike my right nipple as its still puffy even though the scar tissue underneath has gone. I emailed my doctor about my concerns but he told me to give it more time and that it was a real sculpture. I want your opinion and whether or not I'm gonna need a second surgery for my right nipple.

1st photo: arm relaxed, front view of left nipple
2nd photo: arm relaxed, front view of right nipple

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member
1st photo: arm relaxed, top view of right nipple
2nd photo: arm relaxed, top view of left nipple

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member
1st pic: pecs tightened, right nipple.
2nd pic: pecs tightened, left nipple.

ps. sorry for making so many replies, that was the only way to get the images uploaded for you to see.

DrBermant

Had surgery done in Lebanon by Dr. Toni Nassar on 1st of June. It costed $3500. My main reason was puffy nipples from puberty. Both lipo and excision were done.

I wore compression vest for 1 month, 24/7. My left nipple has been flat since day one, unlike my right nipple as its still puffy even though the scar tissue underneath has gone. I emailed my doctor about my concerns but he told me to give it more time and that it was a real sculpture. I want your opinion and whether or not I'm gonna need a second surgery for my right nipple.

Trying to evaluate asymmetry or uneven breasts with photos showing only one side at a time is impossible. For my evaluations I prefer my Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures. The views are designed to show uneven issues, residual tissues, and problems on flexing. Close up single nipple photos are fine for individual up close surface scar issues. There are many possible reasons for the Residual Puffy Nipple Complication I have seen from other doctors' surgery.

Tissues can take 6 months or longer to evolve after surgery. Being patient is often the first step as too early a revision  surgery can be a disaster.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Bermant, I hope the other nipple will get flat before summer comes.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The photos are poorly lit and really do not demonstrate the problem sufficiently.

However, in general, if you are six months out and still have a problem, then it is doubtful that it will disappear spontaneously in the next six months or so.

Best to inquire of your surgeon about what to do next.  Obviously, there is no harm in waiting but he should have a policy about possible revision surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Elliot, It is disappointing, I hope it will heal with time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024