Author Topic: Questions about followup visits after surgery  (Read 2445 times)

Offline estate1

• Posting Member
I would be travelling across Canada for the surgery. I have a free phone consultation with the Dr. this week. After surgery I would stay 7-10 days as required in Toronto area. I have been reading some accounts of surgeries that make mention of follow-up visits at various intervals. my question is how many and what intervals. presuming all would go well and there be no complications which I would think would show up in the first week or so, can my family doctor take over post op care?
My other main concern is how well this procedure would work on an older man. (60). My basic physique is atheletic and I'm at 31%BMI and plan to loose 25 pounds before surgery and continue working chest exercise with a personal trainer. Skin elasiicity issues? Any comments or suggestions for my phone interview with Dr Lista?

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
It's good you're losing as much weight as you can before the surgery. Follow ups will depend on the nature of your gynecomastia and your overall health and physique. Some heal faster or longer than others, the success of the surgery, etc. Your surgeon will give you instructions on post-op care, and your doctor should be required if there are any complications otherwise the surgeon will instruct you to contact them if there's an emergency.

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
I would be travelling across Canada for the surgery. I have a free phone consultation with the Dr. this week. After surgery I would stay 7-10 days as required in Toronto area. I have been reading some accounts of surgeries that make mention of follow-up visits at various intervals. my question is how many and what intervals. presuming all would go well and there be no complications which I would think would show up in the first week or so, can my family doctor take over post op care?
My other main concern is how well this procedure would work on an older man. (60). My basic physique is atheletic and I'm at 31%BMI and plan to loose 25 pounds before surgery and continue working chest exercise with a personal trainer. Skin elasiicity issues? Any comments or suggestions for my phone interview with Dr Lista?

Yaa same here any questions we should be asking, traveling all the way from saskatchewan, however going to be staying in toronto for a month since i got a month or more vacation time. BMI calculator says i am 29. Sorry for hijacking your thread dude, my phone interview rescheduled for next week, because they were too busy on Christmas eve.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024