Author Topic: Do I have gynecomastia?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline sjr8989

I'm 5' 10" and 215 lbs. Do I have gynecomastia? Am I just fat? Both?

Front:

Side:

Front again:

Arms over my head:

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Hard to tell..when your arms are down it looks like it, but when your arms are up seemingly no gland is there. Since you are a good amount overweight, I would suggest losing weight because you'd probably have pseudo(fake) gynecomastia meaning it is all fat.

So try losing weight!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Although the photos are not terrific, they do reveal that you have substantial gyne and are overweight.

Your first job would be to lose weight and get into better shape.  More than likely, some gyne will persist even after weight loss.  But you will be healthier and the results of your operation will be better.

In the meantime, try wearing some snug, body shaping garments to give you a temporary better while you are getting in shape for surgery.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline sjr8989

Thanks for the quick responses. I used to weigh 170 and I still had what (to me) looked like gynecomastia -- although my chest was notably smaller. I'm trying to lose weight again, but I'm pessimistic about losing this flabby chest.

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
looks like mild case of gyne its not too bad maybe working out might help, but as dr jacob said if ur interested in surgery it will be better.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024