Author Topic: hope this is true .... really hope  (Read 2189 times)

Offline rayz

• Posting Member
I visited my doc and i told him to have a look in my chest and i told him everything that i lost weight and i just cant suffer anymore...
he said that it will pass in like 2 years.
so i just will tell you about my self : im 16 years old , im 180 cm and im 85 kilos , little bit overwight. my chest is like 40 inches ..
the dooc told me that at the age of 18 it  will pass , of course step by step , i mean it will get better in every part of time.
so i want to know if this is true that it will be ok waiting beacuse my parents trust that doc and they say that he right in 100% so i wanna know what will be my future with that case.

p.s.:
he acctually told me about the hormonal inbalace in that age and he told me that he got some expreince in that case and that my case isnt really big.

so i want to know if he right ....
thank you !  :)

Offline rayz

• Posting Member

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Generally speaking, the gynecomastia that occurs during puberty will resolve in 95% of those afflicted with the problem within a 3 year period.  If you're 16 and you've had gynecomastia since you were 12, it's time to explore the option of surgery.  If you're 16 and you first noticed the problem last year, then by the time you're 18, you have a 95% chance of seeing it go away.  If it's still there, it probably won't go away without surgery.

So your doctor may be correct.  For your sake, I hope that he is.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com