Author Topic: WTH  (Read 3353 times)

Offline anthony863

WTH
I had a surgery about 15 months ago, i have no idea what went wrong :(

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are overweight yet the surgeon left some tissue peripherally and took too much tissue from directly under the areola, resulting in a cave-in or crater deformity.

Unfortunately, no amount of hoping and waiting will make this better.  You do need revision surgery.  Your first stop should be back to your original surgeon to see if he can fix the problem.  If he is unwilling to do so, then you should look around for an expert in gyne surgery.  There are many fine surgeons on this forum -- from all parts of the USA.

Revision surgery is difficult surgery, for there is scar tissue present as well as fat and breast tissue.  Revision may require additional, very precise liposuction of surrounding excess residual tissues and/or fat grafting or fat flaps to fill in areas of  prior over-resection (crater deformities)  -- or both. Further, there may be lax skin or malposition of the nipples which have to be corrected.  Rarely, it is possible that nothing can be done to improve the situation.  Only a consultation and examination can determine what is truly necessary. Please bear in mind, secondary or revision surgery is much more difficult and less predictable due to the natural scarring processes that result from the initial surgery.  In a sense, you do not have "virgin" breasts.  Therefore, improvement -- and sometimes significant improvement, but not perfection, is the goal for these operations.

I have performed revision surgery on many patients (fortunately not my own patients).  For further information, feel free to contact my office at 212 570 6080.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline anthony863

Thanks for the info,
If i am planning to have the revision surgery, would it be beneficial if i lost weight?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No, I would not recommend losing weight.  We might need some of your adjacent fat to move into the crater deformity in order to fill it.

Once successful surgery has been done, you could lose weight if you wished.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024