Author Topic: Post Op pics - Not happy at all!!  (Read 2977 times)

Offline mmedina

Hello, I got the surgery on April 19th (24 days ago) and I don't want to be negative but I don't like the results so far, what do you think guys?? Please help me, do I need second surgery? Even with the vest you can still see the gynecomastia. My Dr. is saying that I need to be more pacient and that right now is swelling but come on let's be realistic, not even 1 hour after the surgery I imagined this results, to me is exactly the same.

Before pics
img849.imageshack.us/img849/9766/11146882.jpg
img231.imageshack.us/img231/2033/23541702.jpg
img710.imageshack.us/img710/8343/77331165.jpg

After pics
img855.imageshack.us/img855/7955/25704763.jpg
img703.imageshack.us/img703/4462/31434826.jpg
img844.imageshack.us/img844/8872/98885257.jpg
img339.imageshack.us/img339/9756/98546720.jpg

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, mmedina.

Was this a plastic surgeon with experience at correcting gynecomastia? Did you look at before/after pictures of doctor's other gyne patients?  Did you see any pictures of the doctor's other patients whose results were similar to yours?

You are correct.  Even though you only recently had surgery, one would hope to see a much more drastic change than what you are seeing. Did the doctor perform liposuction on you?  

I'll be anxious to see what the doctors here say about your surgery.  Something obviously was not done that needed to be done.  

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
doesn't look like that much of a difference. Did your surgeon do both gland excision and liposuction or just liposuction? It doesn't look like he did gland excision and if so, maybe not enough? Either way, I'm not qualified to evaluate your situation.  Maybe it is swelling.  I would wait a few more weeks and approach your surgeon about your concerns. 

Offline mmedina

He did both gland excision and liposuction (that's what he told me) He took 3 hours in the surgery (to much time for these results) I don't know what exactly he did in all this time but to me is obvious that he needs to re-open and finish his job.

What a waste of time and money

If I decide for the second surgery, how longer do I need to wait?

3 months is ok?

Next week is one month since the surgery, it's ok if I tell my Dr. that I want a second surgery or I need to wait for the 3 months, I think he needs to accept his fault, you don't need to be a surgeon to know that this is not a good result.

Offline sbk79

• Posting Member
Not able to view your pic's

DrBermant

Hello, I got the surgery on April 19th (24 days ago) and I don't want to be negative but I don't like the results so far, what do you think guys?? Please help me, do I need second surgery? Even with the vest you can still see the gynecomastia. My Dr. is saying that I need to be more pacient and that right now is swelling but come on let's be realistic, not even 1 hour after the surgery I imagined this results, to me is exactly the same.

Before pics

After pics

When someone has global fat as a contour issue, surgery is not a good first choice. Surgery can contour the body to about the same level of body fat seen elsewhere. When there is that much fat covering the body, there will still be breasts even if there is surgery done to reduce them. Compromise surgery can make breasts smaller but not remove them.

That is why I have been trying to educate the public about the value of weight loss before surgery is better than weight loss after and that plastic surgery is not an alternative to losing weight.

The next issue is what is left behind after the operation. Just how much of the residual problem is swelling, gland, or fat will depend on many factors. Not all surgeons use the same techniques. With some methods of surgery there is just so much swelling and bruising after, that the contour can take months to reveal itself. I prefer techniques with much less swelling and bruising. I do not finish my sculpture until I have achieved my contour goal on the operating table. The pictures of my swelling after surgery that I post on my site is typical for my patients. The problem becomes with another doctor's techniques when they do not include what their patients look like shortly after surgery. Only show before and after views without the path and the result is patient anxiety not knowing what their results should look like. If one of my patients did not look like what I have shown, I would be concerned.

So in your case what will happen? If your doctor says it is swelling and will go away, why does not that doctor put such images up for patients to better understand the progression they are to expect? That in my opinion, is a valid question.

Is your situation one of global body fat, your images are not enough to make that call, but from what is shown that is a possibility to be considered. What is your height weight, BMI, and body fat percentage? Did you look for similar body types contour issues done by that doctor and what did those results look like?

Are the answers here on the forum from other patients saying their swelling did go away a good enough resource to depend on? What has happened for any one individual is an interesting question. The real answer would be in a complete Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery picture set. That with the sequence of tissue evolution photos would be a great set of proof that they did indeed achieve such a contour.

For some a doctor's verbal reassurance is more than enough. Yet I have seen patients here in my office that did not agree with their doctor and came in for my evaluation. My documentation of such issues is on my site, and some of what doctors were supposedly telling these patients was fine, to me looked horrible!

Others grow accustomed to the deformity and accept less. Yet, others have unrealistic goals and have issues to things that are beyond what surgery can offer.

That is why to validate contour issues, I evolved my picture documentation and chest wall measurements. Remove the subjective from the analysis for actual proof was the best I was able to come up with.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024