Author Topic: Thoughts on these post surgery pics (10 years later)  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Horizon

So I believe my surgery was 10 years ago, but I cannot remember when it was exactly.

I want to know if this is something I can get rid of after weight loss or do I need lipo.  I had the procedure done and just have been living with it since.  Barely anything without my shirt.  I haven't been teased like some people here have but I have seen the staring.  I need to do something because now i have kids and they want to go to the beach.  I am close to Dr Elliott and would gladly come in for a consultation if I need it.

Before surgery I had a huge nipples and the hard disc under it.  I have since had that removed but didn't lose the extra fat there.  I can grab a handful of my breast and it sucks.  Also you can see the scarring is minimal, the only thing holding back my anxiety is the weight.  I feel like if I lose 20 lbs I will still have this extra weight in my chest....

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The scars and results are acceptable.  Did you gain weight after your initial operation?  If so, then losing the weight first is priority #1.

Surgery is really not the answer for weight loss.  It does appear that your abdomen is also carrying some extra weight.  If you had surgery on your chest to reduce it, then by comparison, your abdomen would appear larger.

Best advice:  lose 20 or more pounds -- then do a re-exam in front of the mirror.  I will bet you may not opt for surgery.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Horizon

Thanks I am just concerned that it won't be the answer...do you think 20 lbs is enough?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Twenty pounds would be a good start-- then re-evaluate.  Perhaps you may want to lose more if things seem to be going well.

Dr JAcobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024