Author Topic: donut technique for removal of excess skin  (Read 3265 times)

Offline wasatchm

• Bronze Member
hi,

does anyone have any pics of what scars look like when using the donut technique to remove excess skin?  I have severe gyne on one side and am thinking I will most likely have excess skin.  when using the donut technique, the scars are around the end of the arola correct?   it appears to me to be the method of skin removal that has the least notice-able scars.   I've researched the internet and yet to find a pictures of visible scars (due to skin removal using the donut technique).   also, is it best to have gyne surgery and excess skin removal done at the same time or is it best to wait on the skin removal part?  will the skin removal surgery cost as much as the gyne surgery if I have the same surgeon do both?  I think the gyne surgery is going to cost me $4600.  although I don't want to spend another $4600 to have the excess skin removed during a second surgery.  I'm hoping the skin removal procedure won't cost nearly as much.    thanks....  BA

http://www.geocities.com/bray19702004/frontviewpic4

Offline Spleen

The scars I've seen using that technique (mostly on gals) don't look invisible.  The surgeon's skill and your healing ability are the two big factors.  It's the kind of thing that will probably give you a big improvement with the shirt on.  Shirt off it will probably something's up, but would guess that it would still be an improvement.  You don't have an easy case to work with because of the assymetry, but if you can accept an improvement while realizing that "perfection" is unlikely you could be real cool.  Keeping your expectations within reason is the crux.

Offline wasatchm

• Bronze Member
thanks for the response,

so using the donut technique, the aorla (I'm sure I mis-spelled that)  is COMPLETELY REMOVED?  is this correct?

the last PS I visited with told me I had good size pectoral muscles (not sure how he could tell).  so I am hoping once I get all this fat and breast tissue removed I can have a decent looking chest (other than a possible scar or two on the right breast).

I won't beleive it till I see it though.  seems to good to be true (better than winning the lottery in my opinion).

thanks

Offline Spleen

no, from what I understand the doc makes an incision completely around the areola, then removes a thin band of skin  that surrounds the areola.  Then they stich this slightly larger margin of skin to the edges of the areola.  This reduces some sag to the breast.  The only knock on it is that the scars that I've seen are noticible and a bit puckered.

There's also something called the Benelli technique where they remove a crescent of skin above the areola and then suturewhich lifts the brest up and reduces some of the skin.  I'm not sure if that's done on guys.

Google "Donut Mastopexy" and "Benelli Mastopexy" for more info.  most of the pix will be of chicks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024