Author Topic: Dr advice 6 months post op  (Read 2079 times)

Offline melvin32

• Posting Member
Ok, so the other day I was feeling around my chest and noticed the was a small, firm, and slightly painful lump right above my left nipple. My left side had more gland removal than the right. What is this? Like I said it is firm. Could it be gland or is gland usually right under the center of the nipple? It doesn't hurt until it is felt on or pressed (I know stop touching it). I just want to make sure this is normal. As of late I have been lifting weights 5 days a week. Doing a lot of chest.

So, is this just another phase of the healing process? The lump I would describe as equal to a marble cut in half. More of a dome if you will.

Thanks so much

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no way to know exactly what it is -- perhaps scar tissue, perhaps some as yet unremoved tissue that was masked by post op swelling.

Whatever it is, why obsess over it?  If you look good, if the results are even, that is what counts.  No one goes around feeling your chest to check for irregularities.  For sure, gyne surgery is done to make you look better and more trim, fit better in your clothing and to improve your self image and self esteem.

If your surgery has accomplished all of that -- then it has been a success.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline melvin32

• Posting Member
There is no way to know exactly what it is -- perhaps scar tissue, perhaps some as yet unremoved tissue that was masked by post op swelling.

Whatever it is, why obsess over it?  If you look good, if the results are even, that is what counts.  No one goes around feeling your chest to check for irregularities.  For sure, gyne surgery is done to make you look better and more trim, fit better in your clothing and to improve your self image and self esteem.

If your surgery has accomplished all of that -- then it has been a success.

Dr Jacobs

Thanks so much Dr Jacobs. I guess after what horrors I went through growing up with gyne I'm just so scared it will come back. Even though my buddies laugh and say I'm overreacting. LOL. Will my skin eventually tighten back up after the void left by surgury? I'm in pretty good shape and have very good elasticity. Some day the skin seems tighter than others. Could be sodium in my diet or water retention from heavy weight lifting. What do you think? Thanks so much.

Also, why am I feeling the slightest bit of gland on one side and not the other? My left side had pretty bad gyne but my right did not. And it is the left side where I can pinch behind the nipple and feel what appears to be a small amount of gland. The Dr did say he leaves a small bit behind  so the nipple doesn't crease and looks natural. Does this sound right? For the most part I'm happy with the results. Just a little worried now that I feel gland and slight pain on one side.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:35:59 AM by melvin32 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024