Author Topic: Do I need to go under the knife?  (Read 3243 times)

Offline zone88

• Posting Member
or is this fixable through working out?

This one below I'm flexing post work out... that's why my chest seems so swelled up...

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:42:45 AM by zone88 »

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, zone88.

Looks like you may have some mild gyne going on (more pronounced on the right breast).  Ironically, some guys would do anything to have a chest that looks as good as yours. 

If you have established gyne, no amount of working out or weight loss will solve the problem. The fibrotic glandular tissue underneath will remain no matter what you do.  That's why surgery is the only true option that can solve the problem.  Look at it this way....you're not fat or overweight, yet you still have the problem.  If it was going to go away through exercise, etc., it already would have.  

Some men decide to live with their gyne, others simply can't because it makes them so miserable and adversely affects their life.  Surgery is by no means "required".  It's totally your call whether to have surgery or to live with it.  

If you decide to have surgery, make sure that you only use a board certified plastic surgeon with as much experience at correcting gynecomastia as possible.  Not all plastic surgeons are equally skilled at gyne correction, so find one with plenty of experience and ask to see before/after pics of patients to help you choose your surgeon.  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Very well put, I agree.
Grandpa Dan

Offline zone88

• Posting Member
Thanks guys.. How much does surgery usually cost?

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Thanks guys.. How much does surgery usually cost?

Of course, costs can vary, but from reading these boards, the typical range seems to be anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000, and insurance typically does not cover it because it's not considered a medical illness/disease. 

It's important to note that you should NEVER automatically decide on a surgeon simply because he/she offers to do the surgery at the cheapest rate.  Your best chance to have the results you want and expect will be with the first surgery.  You don't want to have to have a revision! 

Choose the surgeon whose pictures of former patients seem to be consistently good.  THAT's the doctor who will give you the most confidence and will do the best job on you.  This is your body you're talking about, so go with the most experienced surgeon that you have the most confidence in. 

Offline zone88

• Posting Member
How do you guys feel about f burners? I've read about fat burners created for just this issue.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
What part of "surgery is the ONLY thing that will get rid of gynecomastia" do you not understand? 

Quit looking and hoping for stupid cures.  If you're unhappy with your gyne, have surgery.  If you don't like it but can live with it, then do so and wear a compression shirt if you need it. 

If you're into wasting money (and time), do that (including fat burners).   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024