Author Topic: help is this gynecomastia?  (Read 2212 times)

Offline sixtoewonder

• Posting Member
I've had them since middle school now 22 years old im not obese and barely overweight according to BMI and body fat % calculators , i was wondering if anyone can tell me if i have gynecomastia or if it is just fat. thank you . I'm 5'6' 163 17%BF

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Yes, that's gynecomastia. Your question is posed poorly--it may be "just fat," but it's still gynecomastia.  I'm guessing, however, that you probably also have some glandular tissue based on the overall appearance.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline sixtoewonder

• Posting Member
thank you for the response. yes im still trying to lose about another 10lbs that would put me at 150 ..so maybe it is perhaps fat, but there still is no telling until its been physically checked out then?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You have gynecomastia. A component of what you have is fat (adipose) and a portion is glandular (breast )tissue.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline sixtoewonder

• Posting Member
again thank you both but i have a couple more questions. I still have been going to the gym and no results still, but is their a workout routine that could help drastically , i run and do lots of chest back shoulders to no effect. Another would a testosterone booster pill help at all?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you have gyne.  And you appear to have been much heavier and then lost some weight.  The result is usually lax chest skin with concentrated breast tissue and a bit of fat.  Surgery would probably be needed to restore a taut contour to your chest.

In the meantime, exercise as best possible.  I have found two programs to be quite good -- but they are difficult and require perseverance to get the desired results:  P90X and Insanity.

Would absolutely not take a T booster -- you are playing with your hormones -- not a good idea.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline sixtoewonder

• Posting Member
oh yeah i know a bit about insanity haha..he's on crack (Sean T).Myself and my SGT in the army did that in the mornings and gym in the evening it helped me lose weight definitely, but again ill just have to keep with it and see if it helps a few more months from now. And thanks for T booster input i was about to do it. If I still have gyno after this deployment ill have enough money for surgery and I plan on looking into it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024