Author Topic: Pain in nipples 4 months post op - Is this normal?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline jonny_gyno

Hi, I used to be a regular contributor to the forum but its been so long I couldn't remember my username, so I've opened a new one!

Anyway, my question is regarding numbness and soreness since I had gland removal nearly 4 months ago.

Both nipples are numb to touch externally, I was warned this may happen and it doesn't bother me really.  The thing that concerns me is that nearly 4 months post op my nipples are still quite sore internally, by that I mean if I lay on my front or squeeze either nipple its quite uncomfortable.  Sometimes I'll experience a random pain that may last 10 seconds or so for no reason. 

I can deal with the pain & discomfort, its not that bad as far as pain goes.  I'm more concerned as to whether this is normal, if it could potentially be an infection, or my biggest fear is that its breast tissue growing again.

Thanks for reading, absolutely any advice would be gratly appreciated!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Obviously, do not know the extent of your surgery.  But numbness of the skin and nipples is not unusual.  Infection at 4 months post op would be very unusual. 

The soreness is often part of the healing process -- longer in some guys and shorter in others.  Sometimes there is tingling as well -- this may actually be the re-awakening of your sensory nerves.

Best to return to your surgeon, who obviously knows exactly what was done during your procedure.  He would be the best person to examine you and allay your fears.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jonny_gyno

Thanks for your reply Dr Jacobs, I will go back to my surgeon once I can get an appointment.  I'm mainly concerned that it could be another Gyno flare up, at least from what you say it seems more like its hopefully just part of the recovery process.

Thanks again

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024