Author Topic: GYNO REMOVAL IN BC??  (Read 2428 times)

Offline keep666

• Posting Member
I am looking to get my gyno, re-removed. I had surgury to have a bi-lateral excision of gyno 2 years ago, but has come back. I went to the surgeon who had performed it before and said that the "gyno" was fibrous breast tissue and he could not remove it or my nipple would be inverted. I got a second opinion from another doctor and he said the same thing and that I looked fine. I want to get it removed seeing as I know it can be done, I just need to find a Surgeon who is skilled enough to remove it or would actually do it. I am a BODYBUILDER so it is very important to me and my career that I get it done, I am looking for a doctor in BRITISH COLUMBIA if anyone can refer one??????

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm don't know any of the plastic surgeons in British Columbia.  It may be difficult to find someone who has dealt with a lot of bodybuilders there, since I'm not sure how large a community that may be in BC.  Vancouver is similar in size to Boston, and even here, where there is a decent sized bodybuilding community, it's relatively small, and the number of patients with steroid-related gynecomastia is modest.  Unless a surgeon in your area has taken a particular interest in this condition, as I did 20 years ago when bodybuilders came to me through gym connections, it's unlikely that you'll find an "expert."  You may have to travel for that expertise.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
While i don't know any doctors in BC, I did want to add that I haven't seen a recurrence of the condition unless there is a precipitating factor. You mentioned that you are a body builder and I have seen that in many body builders, many are taking various supplements that may lead to recurrence of the condition. The other possibility is that you have some residual scar tissue under the nipple complex.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024