Author Topic: My unfortunate gyne.  (Read 1547 times)

Offline ToBeFree

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

Ive been dealing with gyno for as long as i can remember. Probably since puberty. I was always a little overweight in my childhood but fairly athletic. I was never sure what was wrong with me up until about a year ago after some extensive research. Im 21y/o and stand 5' 10" and the highest weight i was at, about 2 years ago, was 224lbs. I have since lost weight and am currently at 170 lbs. My goal weight is between 155-160. I have been on a pretty good diet and exercise routine. As you may see from the photos i have quite a bit of stretch marks. This is my biggest concern for post-op. I question the elasticity of my skin. My moobs seem to look a bit bigger in person. I have bought some compression vests from underworks and they have helped me and my self confidence tremendously. Obviously not gonna be as rewarding as a normal sculpted chest.

Im interested as to what surgery i should be expecting. My nipples are not puffy and i dont feel any hard masses beneath them. Also if it looks like my skin would be able to recover after surgery.

Also the first two pics I am standing and the third is sitting down.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It appears there was some permanent stretching of the skin which will need to be reduced. This kind of procedure is not really uncommon but it does leave more scar than lipo and glandular excision without the skin reduction.

I bumped you up to the top in hopes that one of the Surgeons will respond.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No question you have gyne and with the loss of 54 lbs (and perhaps more?), your skin will predictably have lost some of its elasticity.

On the other hand, you have youth on your side -- and that is extremely helpful.

In patients similar to you, I have opted for minimal scar surgery to remove the gyne and allow the skin to tighten as much as possible.  Everyone is individual so skin tightening cannot be predicted with certainty.  However, most of those guys ended up tight enough so that no additional skin removal was needed.  AND even if additional tightening would be needed, the scars of the tightening procedure would be smaller because there would be less skin to tighten at 6 months post op than at the original operation.  I call this a two-stage approach.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024