Author Topic: Doctors have told me this is NOT gyne!  (Read 1965 times)

Offline hanielone

Hi all,

I am a 19 year old male who likes to participate in lots of upper-body activities like kayaking etc. I started to notice my 'moobs' around 4 or 5 years ago and i went to the doctors and they said it was just excess weight. I decided to take action and lost around 2 stone in 1-2 years, my social life is excellent, but all my friends have normal chest' and i have these horrible things that are making me conscious and not want to do the stuff my friends do. We have booked a holiday and theirs 10 of us going in Summer and i'm bound to be taking my top off but really really don't want too.

My nipples on the pictures get alot bigger, so big they almost blend into my skin.

Can any of you help me on what to do, whether it's surgery or excersise!

Thank you :)

Offline hanielone

I am also 6'
 And weigh 178lbs

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At 6' and 178 lbs, your BMI (body mass index) is 24 -- which is very healthy.  Therefore, weight loss may not help you that much.

Certainly, exercise is to be encouraged for anyone.  But I doubt whether it will benefit you.

You do appear to have a mild case of gyne and given the length of time that it has been present, your best be would be surgery.  Why not have a consultation with an experienced gyne surgeon -- just to find out what your options are?

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline snugglebandit

• Posting Member
You look fine to me...if I saw you in public I wouldnt think your chest looked abnormal whatsoever. Is there hard glandular tissue in there though??

Offline hanielone

if i feel around the nipple area it feels quite hard, is this good or bad?

Thanks,
Jordan

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Welcome bro!  I would say its gyne especially since ou said there is hard feeling tissue. Unfortunately exercise will not get rid of it but I still encourage you to workout because it can't hurt. This is a great place to feel comfortable and learn about getting the surgery. Everyone here is awesome we are here for support man.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024