Author Topic: Damn, did I get butchered?  (Read 5467 times)

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
This is seriously depressing as hell. 2 weeks post op and I could honestly just hibernate in my room. What a disaster. First off, I was as anal as you could be about choosing my doc. He's supposedly a good surgeon in general, and even owns the web sit gynecomastia expert dot com. -- When I went in the for consultation I made it clear I wanted lipo+excision.

Get out of surgery and ask the nurse and she says no, he rarely ever needs to do lipo. Ok, cool.. First time I see my chest I notice my upper nipple seems puffed out like it did pre-op and I couldn't even see the bottom, looked sucked in from my POV. Didn't stress too bad, went in for my first check up and he said everything was healing good, when I asked about the sucked in bottom, he said the stitches and tape were sucking it in. I brought up the fatty tissue I felt (big knots of it like pre-op) and he told me I need to lose weight. Well, I do know that, but even then I paid $5000 to have my chest SCULPTED. This shit looks horrendous.

Basically I am just wondering what the chances are that the bottom will come out. How much will weight loss help me, and finally what are surgeons typical rules/guidelines for revisions? I feel like I just tossed 5k right out the window right now.

Here's a couple before shots. You can see on the 'front' shot that my left (comp right) nipple droops down. This is because there was a bunch of tissue, whether it was fat or glandular that like pushed it down...Well in the after you see the same damn thing! I can't get a great view to really show how bad the bottoms are sucked in, but just believe me, they are.

I wish I would have never done this :( I feel like I looked deformed now, cannot believe it.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Sorry to hear about your experience.  It's difficult to comment on your results at this early point, but you should give yourself some time for healing before you pass judgement.  The crease on the nipple may or may not improve, depending on what the cause of it is.  Otherwise, you don't appear to have been "butchered," and if you need additional management with liposuction or a scar revision, that would be a decision that should wait for at least 6 months to a year.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Thanks Doc, yea, it's beyond disappointing/depressing when you wait as long as I did; come on here and see everyone so excited with their new chest, then finally have it done and it looks almost worse than when I started.

What are the possible causes for the creases? I am gonna start weight training in a little over a week and I am hoping that helps with something.

If not, I am going to throw a FIT with my surgeon until he does some lipo. Even IF the creases fix their self, I am still going to have an indentation on the lower part of my nipple because the contour isn't any good due to not lipoing the stubborn fat on the top portion of my chest. Hopefully he'd honor it, or do it for dirt cheap, I am not in any position to fork out another 3-5k. I'd just have to live with it.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Two weeks after surgery is a bit early to ascertain the final result. Some retraction at the incision site can occur and is a straightforward thing to correct typically.As far as the other aspects there should still be swelling and I am not certain what was done surgically.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Two weeks after surgery is a bit early to ascertain the final result. Some retraction at the incision site can occur and is a straightforward thing to correct typically.As far as the other aspects there should still be swelling and I am not certain what was done surgically.

Thanks for the reply. He just did excision of the breast tissue. He said he removes fat too, but there was no lipo done

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Even if you assume the worst case scenario , ie that a revision is necessary , you still will need to sit tight for typically a couple of months. Scar can be unpredictable and  waiting until the scar has matured a bit is at worst neutral but more often very beneficial.

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Even if you assume the worst case scenario , ie that a revision is necessary , you still will need to sit tight for typically a couple of months. Scar can be unpredictable and  waiting until the scar has matured a bit is at worst neutral but more often very beneficial.

Yea, I know.. It's just really nerve racking dropping 5,000 on something to come out looking 'deformed'. I would rather have dealt with the moobs than looking like a wierdo with funky nipples.

What are most surgeons policies on revisions? Do they take responsibility, or is it on me to pay for another surgery?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Every office should have a policy, and you should have been told about that at your initial consultation.  In our office, we're able to do most touch ups in the office with local anesthesia, and there's only a nominal fee to cover the cost of the supplies, etc. If a patient required a procedure in the operating room, the patient would be responsible for anesthesia and hospital costs.  It's always a good idea to ask about this before the procedure so that you know the policy, but in any case, most surgeons do their revisions for a reduced fee.

Rick Silverman

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Every office should have a policy, and you should have been told about that at your initial consultation.  In our office, we're able to do most touch ups in the office with local anesthesia, and there's only a nominal fee to cover the cost of the supplies, etc. If a patient required a procedure in the operating room, the patient would be responsible for anesthesia and hospital costs.  It's always a good idea to ask about this before the procedure so that you know the policy, but in any case, most surgeons do their revisions for a reduced fee.

Rick Silverman

Appreciate it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024