Author Topic: Larger on one side...  (Read 2190 times)

Offline aj24

Hello, i had my surgery two weeks ago now, im already pain free with very little swelling, however, i have noticed that while the surgeon said he would have to leave tiny amounts of tissue behind to prevent indentation of the nipple, my left side looks great but in my right side i can feel a hard lump still there that is around twice the size of the left. I am extremely worried because it does feel exactly like the gyno that was there before, do you think this is the case? On my left side it is quite difficult to feel the lump left behind however on the right side the "lump" feels quite obvious and the nipple protudes a little more towards the top, so still has that puffy appearance. Please could i get some advice because i really am freaking out here, ive been saving for nearly seven years for this operation and while im sure if theres a problem they would fix it, i just wanted it sorted once and for all and im worried im going to have to have to undergo this whole procedure again,
Thanks again in advance for your advice...

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
First as I am sure you know it is impossible to accurately comment without knowing what was done at surgery,what you looked like prior to surgery and what you look like now.Having said that I would suspect a small hematoma on the right. A small hematoma typically resolves by itself.Often if I can speed healing along by drainage of the hematoma and it is convenient for the patient I will do that also.Drainage takes seconds typically and is done in the office.I would certainly advise you surgeon.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with Dr. Pensler.  It's possible that swelling, a small hematoma, or a small collection of fluid could account for differences from side to side this early on.  Best to see your surgeon for a more definitive evaluation.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery