Author Topic: gyno pains in left nipple after surgery  (Read 2432 times)

s.1988

hi im new to this forum what my problem is a had surgery about 5 months ago and these last couple weeks ive been getting real pains in my left nipple and tenderness and can feel that a hard lump has formed but not on my right side like before i have been doctors they have done a testerone estogen and prolactin test and say my results are fine but im still having these pains and sore nipple i have got scar tissue forming under my nipples but the left is like a little disk hope some can help !!

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
First a scar forms after every surgery.Second I would suggest you contact the physician who performed your surgery and have him/her examine you.A true recurrence after surgery is very rare more often a small amount of residual tissue may persist that is difficult to feel until most of the swelling from the procedure has resolved.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Sometimes the scar that forms under the nipple can thicken a little and even cause a little persistent puffiness in the nipple.  It can also be painful.  When that happens, sometimes an injection of Kenalog or another corticosteroid to reduce the scar can help with the lump and the pain.  As Dr. Pensler suggested, you should contact your surgeon for a follow up visit, so that he or she can evaluate it and determine the best way to manage it.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery