Author Topic: crease  (Read 2415 times)

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Im confused. I have read that the creases I have can be from extra skin, or from sutures, or from scar tissue? Do you doctors normally see creases below the nipple and above the incision? Do you ever have to do revisions for this? Im only 2 weeks post op which is early i know, but Im hoping I made the right choice...

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are a number of reasons creases can develop. A patient's specific anatomy can make a specific cause more likely.Also the time course of the development can further help clarify the etiology of the problem. At two weeks regardless of the cause the appropriate course of action is to give yourself more time.There is not much scar at two weeks.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
I noticed the compressed skin folded after a removed the dressings. It's like loose skin folded into itself. I had excision only and had only puffy nipples.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I have noticed creases early on in some patients with puffy nipples due to skin excess or laxity after resection of the underlying gland.  It can take a while for the skin of the areola to tighten up, and in the meantime, these wrinkles or creases may appear.  Frequently, they resolve over time, at least to a point where they don't bother the patient. Sometimes they don't resolve.  On occasion, the areola is still large, and a peri-areolar reduction of the skin can tighten it up and eliminate the crease.  Sometimes a small amount of fat can be injected to plump up the crease.  No matter what approach is taken, nothing should be done for at least 6 months or even a year to allow for healing and scar maturation. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Thanks Doc. I guess all I can do is wait. Dying to get back to the weights...

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
p.s. im 15 days post op. should i start messaging?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
If you check my website, you can see how I advance activity in my patients, but you shouldn't do anything without consulting with your surgeon.  I allow my patients to start lifting at 2 weeks, but no chest for 4 weeks, and I am very specific in my instructions to them.

Similarly, I have my patients massage after 1 - 2 weeks, but you should check with your surgeon.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024