Author Topic: Gyno or Fat if it goes away?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline richdz

I know this will be hard if I don't post pictures but I was just wondering if I have mild gyno or just a little too fat.

I'm 22 years old, 5'8" 1/2 and about 180 lbs....it looks kind of like I have gyno (the pointy soft nipple kind) but after a good cardio/plyometric workout, where I really work up a sweat (I am doing the insanity workout), my gyno/pointy nipples seem to be gone.

They return however, a bit later after the workout. So I was wondering if this was gyno or not.

Any opinion or advice will be appreciated. Thanks guys

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
If it looks like gyno, it is gyno.  Gynecomastia is a descriptive term for a male breast that has female characteristics.  The range of what is "gynecomastia" is very broad, from puffy nipples alone to a solid C-cup.  If you think you have gynecomastia, you probably do have it.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I often tell a number of patients with moderate  gynecomastia that they would not need surgery if they could tape ice cubes to their chest and avoid warm showers. Cold can mask the gynecomastia and warmth can exacerbate the problem. The only correction is surgical.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024