Author Topic: alcohol  (Read 2657 times)

Offline george1861

i have had this problem since i was 13 and i would like to ask if i stop drinking beer will it get any better?

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
definetely ur appearance would get better, booze is major problem for guys who have gyne.

but u will still most likely need surgery for the chest to be complete gyne free, and if u decide to get surgery, u gotta cut back or even omit booze all together.

Good luck!

Offline TigerPaws

george1861,

There is a great deal of evidence that the increased use of Phytoestrogens in the products we use has been a contributing factor in the ever increasing occurrence of Gynecomastia.

Do some research into Phytoestrogens and learn how to avoid them

Offline xelnaga13

The hops in beer act as a weak estrogen in the body. Combine that with the fact that alcohol inhibits your livers ability to expel estrogens/toxins from your body.

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
if u decide to get surgery, u gotta cut back or even omit booze all together.

Uhm... Why?

Offline xelnaga13

if u decide to get surgery, u gotta cut back or even omit booze all together.

Uhm... Why?

He may be referring to alcohol's temporary blood thinning effects interfering with surgery. Your surgeon/pre op check up will specify exactly how long before and after to limit your consumption. Additionally, It's generally a good idea to limit any unhealthy behavior surrounding surgery in order to have your system in tip top condition. 

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
I dont know if this was a coincidence or not, but i went to my local bar on Thursday (1 week post op) and had 2 beers with dinner.  I felt like it would not be a problem.  Anyways, i noticed that my chest was more sore and almost had a burning feeling after those beers.  I wonder if that was b/c of the beer.  I guess it could have thinned my blood a bit and thus caused those problems.....what do you guys think?

George, As far as stopping drinking, I dont think it will help if its really gynecomastia in regards to having glandular tissue.  Plus, the damage is probably already done.  Obviously stopping drinking will result in less calories/fat in general......so that might help!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024