Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
I had lipo and incision done 3 weeks ago. I love how the results turned out except for the scar on my right side. It seems as if the incision wasnt closed all the way and turned into a scar. Will this fade away over time and look a little unnoticeable? The left side seems fine.

Also, the tissue is hard and elevated around the incision points on both sides. Approx. how long until it subsides?

Thanks! I have attached pics of both nipples.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
This is a little more scar tissue than you would like to see only 3 weeks after surgery.  It's possible that you just heal this way.  Or it could be from the trauma of the liposuction cannula, creating more scar tissue as the wounds heal.  You should talk to your surgeon about this.  He or she may recommend trying a scar fading cream.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
The right side was the side that had a greater amount of gland/fat, and was the side that had a long scab once the bandages came off. Will the pinkness turn to a normal skin color soon, and the will the hard skin around the incision points get softer?

Thanks

• Supporting Doctors
That should all happen, but not soon.  It's only been 3 weeks; you need to be patient.

Dr. Pope

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Everything looks OK to me. I am not sure exactly what you had done ,however the incision edges look everted which is what you want at this point. The times we give patients for the various stages of recovery are averages and by definition half of the patient are a bit faster and half a bit slower.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies.

Also, I have lost some feeling on the left nipple, not directly on the nipple but to the left side of it. Should the feeling start coming back in the next few weeks?

• Supporting Doctors
It could take a number of months for nipple sensation to return.  There's always a chance that nipple numbness could be permanent.

Dr. Pope

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024