Author Topic: Kenalog Injecions Post Op  (Read 1578 times)

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Hello, Im seven months post and still had puffy nipples so my surgeon decided to give me Kenalog injections. How long after the injection does it take for it to kick in and break up scar tissue because I just got them two days ago and I still see no affect at this moment.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It usually takes several weeks to see the results of a steroid injection breaking down scar tissue.  The injections often have to be repeated, usually one month apart.  If you have puffy nipples, you probably have some residual gland tissue.  A small amount of tissue has to be preserved to support the nipple/areola skin, but sometimes that has to be trimmed away a little more if the puffy appearance is still there.

I would wait a month for the steroid injections to work. Follow up with your surgeon as scheduled.  If you are not any better, ask him/her if there could still be some gland tissue there that needs to be excised. It could be done under local anesthesia.

Good luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Kenalog acts by decreasing the rate of new collagen production and secondarily by essentially aiding collagen degradation. Both effects take some time.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024