Author Topic: Surgery A Week Ago..  (Read 2685 times)

Offline VH2012

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

About a week and a half ago I had surgery. Overall, I'm happy..but just worried. I have excessive swelling on my left pectoral..but hardly any on my right. I'm unsure if it's swelling, fluid, air, or *cringing* loose skin. A couple of days after surgery I developed severe swelling and was afraid I was getting hepetoma. I was freaking out to say the least. I called my surgeons office and he had me come in the same day and checked it out. He told me it was probably air. He syringed it and pulled it a minimal amount of blood. "Nope..it's all air!" The swelling disappeared. The bruising was still predominate..but that's normal. I went in a few days later for my week post op. He was amazed by the results. The swelling returned on my left pec. I asked him what it was and he told me most of it was probably swelling. He didn't want to syringe it because he didn't want anymore swelling. He was amazed that my right pec didn't have any swelling and very minimal bruising. He said every thing was coming along great. Over the past few days the swelling hasn't improved, but seems to be getting worse. I see my surgeon in a couple of days for another post op. Also, I asked my surgeon if I had to sleep at a 45 degree angle. He said I didn't have to worry about it. I understand it's been less than two weeks..but does the left pec appear to have loose skin or normal swelling?  Any advice is appreciated!

Dr. C.b. Boswell at Body aesthetic in Saint Louis performed the surgery. He has been awesome. I recommend him to anyone.

Offline VH2012

• Posting Member
Also-Is the compression vest souly used to minimize swelling..or is it also used to help the skin shape with the muscle?

Offline codemiester2006

• Posting Member
not a pro at this but I think the vest is for both... one doctor recommends wearing the vest 24/7 for a month minimum (cept in the shower) hope that helps... it seems minimal to me but I cant see the other side. Hope it works out for you, I cant wait to get mine done ha ha

Offline VH2012

• Posting Member
Thanks Codemeister. My right pec doesn't have any swelling and very minimal bruising. My doctor was amazed by it.

Here's another shot from a different angle.

Offline VH2012

• Posting Member
Going in for my two week. In the shower today I raised my arm and the skin sagged. I didn't do that before. Man..I hope the skin didn't detach itself from the fat/muscle tissue...

Offline xelnaga13

Lose skin can go away with time. Ive seen some weight loss before and afters... skin elasticity is really amazing.

Offline VH2012

• Posting Member
I saw the doc. He said I shouldn't have to worry too much about loose skin. He said to give it about two weeks and it should start looking normal. I forgot to ask the surgoen today-Is it okay to take off the vest once or twice a day just to re adjust it? I ALWAYS want to make sure its tight. With the fact that I'm loosing weight it's hard to keep it that way.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024