Author Topic: I think I have Gynecomastia  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Robson

So where do I start.

I have come to the conclusion that I think I have gyno. Ever since the age of 15 I have hated taking my shirt off. In school people would make comments and this is something that just hasn't gone away.

2 years ago I conducted a P90X workout but as you can see from these photos, the gyno is still clearly visible (post p90x is the bottom left photo).

Also my pecs are never completely symmetrical. Is this something to do with the asymmetrical gyno I saw others talk about? Also, when I workout the pecterial muscles only harden underneath, and show no outside definition as can be seen in the bottom left photo.

Gyno is only something i've read about the past few days. But i definitely think I have it, any help would be greatly appreciated on whether I have it. And what to do.

The top left photo and top middle, are when I was 18. The bottom right photo and the photo on the right are now at 21.

Also, often my nipples go puffy. And then the muscle hardens. Is this something to do with the gyno?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Cannot say for sure based on only frontal photos.

My opinion, or that of anyone else for that matter, is of questionable worth to you anyhow.

Gynecomastia is a term with several different definitions these days, the one most commonly accepted here is: any excess of tissue in the male breast. With that very liberal definition, the condition is more or less self diagnosed. So, If you think you have it, you probably do.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Robson

Maybe another picture from the side will help?

I am worried because it is my aspiration to be a bodybuilder or something along those lines. I lost a lot of weight before and I plan to do it again and keep it off this time. But i've never been able to get any definition in my pectoral muscles, even if the muscle is hard underneath there has always been some puffyness and sag there. I am worried that if I do drop my bodyfat very low that even then I will not look good with my shirt off due to gyno!

The reason I ask on here is because its really had to gage yourself how presentable your body looks you know. And its something i've been very paranoid about my whole life!

Offline work in progress

• Posting Member
Hi Robson. You have excess fat on your chest, extending to the lateral chest/underarm. In your "arms extended" pic (top row, center) it looks like there might be firmer tissue radiating from underneath the nipple areas. Even surgeons say they often can't be sure before going in.

In my case, I knew that I needed lipo, but found out post-op that excision had also been necessary. Which was fine by me. Part of choosing the right Dr. is trusting him to make that mid-procedure determination.

My advice is not to dwell on what type of internal tissue it might be. The tissue type only matters to the surgeon removing it and in some cases to the insurance company. It's the appearance you're concerned about, right? It was for me. Could've been bird seed in there for all I care! My doc (Dr. Jacobs) would take care of it.

Reading your post, I think the condition clearly bothers you and has perhaps been a limiting factor in your life. Friend, that's ALL the reason you need to make a few consult appointments and begin discussing your options.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Good reply, I could not have said it any better.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024