Author Topic: new member, can I get away with just liposuction?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline numba1scrapper

I have developed what Id consider gynocomastia over the last two years from use of anabolic steroid use. It's not terrible one  part of the day and the next it is. I can absolutely notice it while wearing tang tops and tight shirts as seen in the pictures.. My question is, I was told you can do the full surgery removing the gland and then you can do just liposuction to bring it down. Based on the pictures provided what do you guys reccomend? Also, doing the full surgery of removing the gland, does gyno come back with continous use to steroids?

thanks

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
My advise is to do the gland also because I tried lipo only and it didnt make a mojor difference. And yes if you continue to use steroids there is a chance that it will come back.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Rarely would the condition be fat only. The usual case is a mound of fat with glandular tissue threaded through it. It would be best to leave the surgeons options open to do whatever is needed as the procedure progesses. Having any limits preimposed on the surgeon is unwise. I'm not sure I would have a lot of faith in a surgeon who says in advance that he can do a good job with lipo only.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It has been my observation that gyne that develops subsequent to anabolic steroid use is a different type of tissue.  It is a solid white mass of tissue, unlike regular gyne that develops with puberty, which has fingers of fat interspersed with the gland.

Gyne from steroid use absolutely requires excision 100% of the time.  Lipo may be used to shape the surrounding fat tissues and help to redistribute the skin but excision is always necessary.

And if you continue steroids after surgery, you stand an excellent chance of recurrence of your gyne.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline xelnaga13

No surgery will remove all estrogen receptive tissue. One surgeon stated that doing so would require removal on the nipple itself.

Lipo only is not a good option. Specially if you plan on using steroids in the future.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024