Author Topic: Do I have gynecomastia (pics included)  (Read 3400 times)

Offline gyne

Hi there, ever since about the age of 10 or 11 I have had really puffy nipples and an enlarged chest. Embarrassment and social anxiety meant that it took me ten years to go and see the doctor about it. The doctor examined me with my top off and then pushed against my chest with her palm and declared I probably don't have gynecomastia, the extent of her examination wasn't exactly thorough but anyway she said she would take some blood tests and then let me know within seven days if there was anything unusual or wrong and in the mean time I should get to the gym and work out my chest. It's been way longer that seven days now and I haven't heard anything back so does this mean I don't have gynecomastia even though my nipples are dome shaped and massively puffy and my chest sticks out loads?

Anyway here are some pictures and thanks for any feedback.

I would like to add that my nipples look normal because it's like -2 here in England at the moment but normally they are massive and dome shaped and stick out loads in a dome shape.

hammer

Sorry, but I really don't see any problem.

Offline gyne

Sorry, but I really don't see any problem.

It's because my nipples aren't puffy due to cold.

hammer

No, it is because I don't see any problem. No big breast at all!  No gynecomastia.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not see anything either. There is a very thin layer of muscle just under the skin that causes the nipple to be more prominent at some times. The skin there is also very sensitive. That is not gynecomastia.

Sometimes the nipple will react to temperature changes, other times it might be friction with the clothing etc. that is not gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
No. Just normal tissue. Nothing to worry about.

Offline gyne

No. Just normal tissue. Nothing to worry about.

Are you sure I have hard lumps in them and like I said said my nipples are huge and dome shaped and when Iwear a tshirt my chest sticks out loads and I have to hunch forwards to reduce the appearance of it.

hammer

Why don't you look at some other pictures, then you will see that you do not have gynecomastia! You can be very happy that you don't!

Offline thetodd

its not a bad case at all but yeah i can see where your coming from.

If you did want surgery, the NHS is a dead end its not worth going through your GP with all the funding cuts. And realistically to have it done in this country you are looking at £4kish or you could go to Poland which im not to keen on myself.

So if it doesnt bother you to much, then hold off for me i couldnt live with it and saved up over a period of time.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline gyne

This is what my nipple looks like the majority of the time, you can't tell me I don't have gynecomastia after this picture:

So what surgeons should I use in England? I'm in the north so ideally someone in the north.

Offline terre

• Bronze Member
You need to post photos when you aren't cold then

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is not at all unusual for nipples to change in response to decreased ambient temperature, physical stimulation or emotion.  This is due to small muscle fibers within the skin of the areola, which actually tighten the areola (the diameter becomes slightly smaller) and push any excess tissue downwards and into the breast itself.  The result is a normal appearing nipple/areola.  That is, until the stimulation ceases or the temperature warms up.

The only way to correctly diagnose your condition is when you are in a warm room.  If your areolas are tented or dome-like, then you do have excess tissue beneath and would require surgery to remove it in order to flatten the areolas permanently.

If you do not want surgery but do want flat nipples, then I would suggest you walk around with an ice cube on each nipple  ;)   (just kidding).

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024