Author Topic: Would you recomend skin adjustment or will it heal to contour nicely?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Hi doctors, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I was just wondering.

Looking at my pictures - do you feel you'd be able to remove the fatty material etc that hangs on my chest - and then be done with it?

Like, do you feel my skin would then kind of shrink and my nipples would go up properly to the bottom of my pecs?

I want  to say - I have already had incision surgery, and a revision. All my before/after photos are in my story thread in the STORIES forum. I have full confidence in my surgeon, and after the revision, he has taped my chest in a way that kind of brings the nipple area up more towards the bottom of my pecs. He says this way during healing it will help create the contour I am looking for. (also wearing my vest 24/7.)

So, although I have already had the procedure, I had it done before finding this site. And would just be interested in any comments, opinions.

During the consultation I had been asking if he would need to cut some skin off near my underarm, and essentially pull my pec skin up to get that contour but he said cutting would leave scars, and would not be needed.

Thank you.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I looked back at your other post, and your early results looked good.  I'm not sure what went on after your revision--obviously, you had some bleeding, which can happen.   i wouldn't think you'd need skin removal, and the scar would not likely be acceptable under the circumstances.  If you've not had excessive weight gain and loss, skin retraction should have been adequate following a routine procedure, so it seems to me that you just have low nipple position.  It's also not clear to me how early your revision was done.  I wouldn't have done any sort of revision for 9 months to a year.  The timeline isn't clear.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and reply.

I should have mentioned.

DECEMBER 11 2012 - first surgery. 20 units taken from each side.

February 21 2013 - revision. ?? units taken I show it all in the photos (other post) laid out on the table.

I've been around my current weight for the last 10 years.

So, it seems we did the revision quite early compared to what you recommend. Would the early revision be justified based on the amount of 'stuff' that was removed the second time. (I asked for it and he agreed to perform it)

I'm thinking that since the results were pretty good after the first surgery, they could only be better after having more stuff removed in the revision?

I hate that my nipples are so low. I'm just scared that they would not 'raise' up to the pec...

Thanks for your time in this post.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
More is not necessarily better.  I don't know what your surgeon did with either procedure.  Typically, my procedure involves liposuction with excision, and the liposuction helps to provide skin retraction and re-draping, and that process requires time.  Very little in the way of skin retraction has occurred at 2 - 3 months, and that's how you make for adjustments to nipple position without making obvious incision to reposition the nipple.  Additionally, the early revision probably contributed to the bleeding post-operatively, since the healing tissue from the first surgery makes for a very vascular operative field. 

I don't know what your plan is at this point, but it shouldn't include any surgery for a while.

RS

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Thanks for your input. It's always nice to hear from a professional. The plan now is many, many, many months of healing :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024