Author Topic: Medication Induced Gynecomastia?  (Read 3584 times)

Offline errible

• Posting Member
Hi everyone. I was taking a medication for hair loss and have experienced medication induced gynecomastia. I've tried Nolva, unsuccessfully, and feel my only option is surgery.

How bad is it? I feel I have a feminine like breast contour; I hate it. I hate myself for it, often.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Unfortunately, once the side effects (ie development of gyne) happen, the only alternative is surgery.  There is no exercise, diet, drug, massage or anything else that can make it disappear.

This is elective surgery -- so take your time, do your homework and find an experienced gyne surgeon who can do the job right the first(and hopefully only) time.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline errible

• Posting Member
Thank you doctor. I realize surgery is the only option.

How bad is my gynecomastia? Based on what you've seen in the past.

I'm located in Toronto, and was going to go with Dr. Fielding. He's rather close to my house, actually. Can you comment?

Thanks.

Offline errible

• Posting Member
Can anyone else please comment?

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
If you don't have the really puffy nipples it looks fine to me. Can't tell from the pictures but the overall contour of your pecs looks normal. Not everyone has a super flat chest. Maybe getting more muscle tone in your shoulders, upper chest, and abs would help if you want to look more masculine.
f*ck gyne

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
How bad is my gynecomastia?

It is often said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

The same is true with gynecomastia:  "How bad it is" is in the eye of the beholder.

Honestly, it is not how large or how small the problem is, if it bothers you or you have questions about it, then it is worth finding out more about what (if anything) can be done.  That is why a consultation with a gyne expert surgeon is so important. The doctor will discuss "how bad" it is and offer honest suggestions for surgery (if indicated) or simply reassurance. And remember, each type of gyne (small, medium, or large) has its own distinct range of difficulties for the surgeon -- there are absolutely no "easy" cases.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024