Author Topic: Opinions  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Worried123

Had lipo and excision about six weeks ago. Was flat initially after surgery however, my "gyno" contour is coming back with a vengeance.

I've been at my current weight in the past (pre gyno) and have not had this contour.  
Is it still too early to form ANY sort of conclusion about how the surgery may turn out?

A dramatic turn around would need to happen in the next 3-5 months - is this realistic?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It would help if you would have posted some "before" photos.

That being said, you are now post op and if you were originally flat and contoured immediately after surgery, then what you are looking at now is most likely some amount of swelling plus some possible scar tissue.

Best to wear your compression garment as long as feasible (6-8 weeks for you)and as snug as possible.  If you wake up and find your chest is much flatter, then you have your answer:  swelling.

In any event, there is really nothing you or your surgeon can do now but simply be patient.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
As Dr. Jacobs has pointed out, It's always a good sign that the problem is related to swelling or scar tissue when the early result appears to be flat. Pre-operative photos would be helpful in providing better feedback, but you are at a point where the procedure has been done, and now you have to allow for the healing process to get you to a final result as that progresses. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery