Author Topic: 1 month post op, incision only/no lipo need a Docs opinion.  (Read 1921 times)

Offline nekkarah

I am 5'10 170 lbs - not very big, I've had gyno since I was about 12 or 13.(im 24) Not super bad, but bad enough to diminish my self-confidence and make me insecure.

I had minor gyno surgery 1 month and 1 week ago by incision only, no lipo. Told me he didn't find it necessary...I think he was being lazy personally. Besides my nipple not being puffy and sticking out a bit kind of like a cone...my chest still looks a bit fatty and pretty much the same. (girlfriend agrees) He also never gave me a compression garment to wear at all, which I'm skeptical about, but that's another story.

***Anyhow, my question is, if I have had the gyno gland removed but still have excess fatty tissue around my chest can that be removed via diet and exercise?
I can only find info on if you still have the gland then you cannot reduce  size via diet and exercise. At this point I am considering getting lipo, but he wants to charge me another 4500 which is out of the question.***

I appreciate ahead of time any time you have taken to reply to my post. If before/after pics are needed, I can most likely provide them.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Pictures would certainly be helpful to comment on your specific situation.

If you have a combination of fat and gland requiring excision and liposuction, and no liposuction is done, the fat remains.  This can cause contour issues, since the liposuction helps to smooth the contour around the excised gland.  Additionally, however, that fat may not respond to diet and exercise--You would know best if the fat on your chest responds to such efforts.  In many patients with gynecomastia, the case is that diet is not terribly effective at eliminating chest fat, and in addition to providing a better contour, the liposuction eliminates the diet-resistant fat. If you are in that category, then you will likely require further surgery.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery