Author Topic: More fat under one nipple/areola then the other post surgery  (Read 2640 times)

BrandonPrice31

I just had gyno liposuction and gland removal.

Is it normal a week and a half post surgery to notice that there is more fat under one areola vs the other (not hard tissue, but fat).

Does this mean he did uneven liposuction or is it still too early and the fat distribution means nothing?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
At a week and a half it is way to early to know what the situation is.It is not uncommon for the difference you describe to be attributed to swelling which should improve with time.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

BrandonPrice31

Does this mean that this fat that I can push down on my aerola/nipple can just be attributed to bruising?

At a week and a half it is way to early to know what the situation is.It is not uncommon for the difference you describe to be attributed to swelling which should improve with time.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:05:49 PM by BrandonPrice31 »

BrandonPrice31

Can any doctor confirm:

Does this mean that this fat that I can push down on my aerola/nipple can just be attributed to bruising?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
We can't confirm anything--at this early point after surgery, one side might feel hard and the other might feel soft because of swelling and bruising.  Both sides are likely similar in what remains after removal of the gynecomastia, but it's too early to know for sure due to the normal post-op swelling and bruising.  Patience.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

BrandonPrice31

Alright thank you - and this can be the case for liposuction as well?

I'm worried that the doctor might have removed more fat on one side, but as you said, it can be bruising etc that causes the additonal 'fat'?

We can't confirm anything--at this early point after surgery, one side might feel hard and the other might feel soft because of swelling and bruising.  Both sides are likely similar in what remains after removal of the gynecomastia, but it's too early to know for sure due to the normal post-op swelling and bruising.  Patience.

Rick Silverman

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's possible that more fat or more gland was removed on one side or another.  During the surgery, we do a number of things to try and be as symmetric as possible--measuring the fat removed, pinching the tissue to check thickness, feeling for lumps, feeling the thickness of the remnant we leave under the areaola--and the "instruments" we do this with--our fingers--are precise but not always perfect.  At this point, however, swelling is more likely to account for asymmetry than imperfection in the operative assessment, presuming the surgeon was skilled in his technique.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024