Author Topic: What looks to be the problem here? (pic) weird  (Read 1522 times)

Offline silentsam

• Posting Member
Had surgery 6-7 months ago. right side on the pic had just a little swelling - had a kel. shot and a crater formed. You can see it when moving.

However, that's not the issue.

The issue is that the other side of my chest (left in the pic) has not gotten any better and looks like my chest has split away on that side. Really weird crease. This was the side that had most of the gyno. I had barely any on the right  side. The left  was big, fibrous and went beyond areola.

My doctor said that it will probably get better, that he doesn't want to do revision on the other crater side or the crease side and that the crease/split on the other side is barely noticeable to most people… I beg to differ.
So noticeable.

But could any of you just tell me what is going on here? It has been almost 7 months.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At 7 months, what you see is probably what you will have.

Yes, there is certainly a difference between the two sides.  Without a hands on exam, it is difficult to tell exactly what the problem is.  It may be residual breast/fat tissue and/or scar tissue on the lateral side of the right chest or it may be a crater deformity on the innner aspect of the right chest -- or some combination thereof.

It would be best to return to your surgeon, have him examine you and discuss what is there and how it might be improved.

If you are not satisfied, would strongly recommend a second opinion from another experienced gyne surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024