Author Topic: 7 weeks post-op (advice please)  (Read 2308 times)

Offline dab84

• Posting Member
I've just passed the 7 week mark and up until now, things were looking pretty good...

From reading the forums etc I know it can take a long time to fully heal (and as you can see, I am still quite bruised even after 7 weeks), but I'm slightly concerned just how much I have swollen up to.

Do you think this is just swelling? It feels like I can grab the exact amount of tissue that I could pre-op!

As anyone experienced something similar?

Picture below...

hammer

Swelling! Give it time! I don't thing it is even a good idea to be pinching an area that went through surgery this soon!

If you had a knot on your head from bumping it against the hall, would you hit it with a cast iron frying pan to see if it would hurt?

Offline dab84

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply and reassurance.

I haven't really touched or prodded up until now. Curiosity got the better of me.

I think I need to avoid mirrors for the next few months and let nature takes it course.

hammer

Sounds like a very good plan!

Patients is a very good thing at a time like this!

Offline rjr3

• Posting Member
I can grab the same amount on one side.  On the other, im flat.   It has been five weeks post-op *today* for me.  I'm dealing w the same thing.  You're not alone my friend ;).

Offline dab84

• Posting Member
Good to know I'm not alone here...

Starting today I am trying not to think about, stop looking in the mirror every 5 minutes and just get going on some exercise. Fingers crossed, it all settles down!

Offline Eiruka87

A substantial and impressive

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024