Author Topic: Do I have gyno?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline SuperZeusMan

I have been wondering this for a long time as I have puffy nipples. I have noticed that when I lose weight, they definitely get smaller to the point of not really bothering me.

I enjoy bodybuilding and have NEVER used steroids, pro-hormones, or any anabolic substance. In order to put on muscle mass I frequently gain weight and this is when I really start to worry that I may have gyno, however it could just be because of the fat gain.

Here are some pics of me at around 12% BF. I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's difficult to say if you have gynecomastia from the single view you provide.  Your history is also not especially helpful.  Many patients with gynecomastia that's characterized by puffy nipples will NOT observe improvement at lower body fat, and in fact, the gynecomastia may be more obvious with just puffy nipples.  If your condition improves with dieting, it may just be excess chest fat.  This might still be referred to as gynecomastia (since this is a descriptive term as much as a histologic diagnosis).  It doesn't mean you need to have surgical correction if you can gain adequate improvement through dieting.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline SuperZeusMan

Thank you for your response! Here is a picture from about a year ago when I was a bit heavier. Perhaps this angle can be more indicative? I think the higher body fat levels make it more suspect, whereas the "gyno look" does go down [for me] with lower body fat. Thanks again for the help!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
I'm unimpressed based on these photos.

RS

Offline SuperZeusMan

Can you please elaborate? Are you implying that it does not look like gyno?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
It doesn't look like gynecomastia based on these photos.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024