Author Topic: help about old prolactin gyno needed  (Read 2110 times)

Offline antonis1989

• Posting Member
hello everyone this is my first post here(i just found this site)and i wish to share my story about gyno and maybe get some help..my gyno started on august 2011 after taking steroids for only 5 days.i went to an endocrinologist and after taking some tests he said that my prolactin level was slightly raised but instead of giving me  letro or caber he gave me testoviron even though my testosterone level was normal.i took it for about a week and it made it worse,oh when the symptoms first started i was taking some nolvadex but since it was prolactin gyno(didnt know it at the time)it didnt help, anyway on april 2012 i decided to have surgery although the soreness and itchiness were still there.the doc removed the glands but i didnt see any difference.i have an appointment next week with a mastologist to see if he can help,also i'm thinking about getting some caber(dostinex) not to reverse it but maybe ease the pain and the itchiness.if anyone can help please do cause i cant go through another summer without going to the beach and wearing 3 shirts

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
A photo would be helpful.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline antonis1989

• Posting Member
sorry i dont have one at the moment but my main question is if i take letrozole or dostinex can it help reduse it or at least ease the pain cause i'm considering another surgery before this summer and i was told that if my nipples are still itchy and painful then my hormones are not stable and what created the problem is still there and i want to deal with that first

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If indeed you continue to have elevated prolactin levels, then you should be on medication (such as Dostinex/Cabergoline)until your prolactin levels are within the normal range.  Would not consider surgery until all your hormones are brought into the normal range.

Itchy, tender, painful nipples may indicate some growth and activity.  You do not want to have surgery while this is going on.

Finally, do not self medicate with drugs purchased over the internet!!!

Sadly, if you have had growth due to increased prolactin, there is no way to reverse it -- surgery would be needed.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline antonis1989

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply.tommorow i'm having hormone test to see if my prolactin is still high..i have one more question if medication cant reverse it what can a surgeon do about it cause my glands are already removed and my bodyfat is below 13percent.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024