Author Topic: 3 Weeks Post OP Question  (Read 1547 times)

Mikec1294

Good morning!

I had my surgery in Toronto 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with my results.

Yesterday is the day I was advised to take off the compression vest, but I still kept it on at night.

My question is, under the skin I can feel hard tissue in some areas. Is this "swelling" or is this scar tissue....and does all scar tissue need to be treated with a needle or is it just part of the healing process and can go away with time.

I *THINK* the tissue is causing the appearance of a slight crater to be forming but I've read that it can sort it self out.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is an absolute normal part of the healing process to feel some very firm tissue a few weeks after surgery.  Please be patient, wear your compression garment and wait it out -- it will soften in time.

Dr JAcobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Mikec1294

It is an absolute normal part of the healing process to feel some very firm tissue a few weeks after surgery.  Please be patient, wear your compression garment and wait it out -- it will soften in time.

Dr JAcobs

Thanks! :)

That's what I read...Also can you prescribe me something for the shock I receive every time I take my shirt off / wear a light coloured t-shirt and don't see big puffy nipples? (haha kidding!)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
[/Also can you prescribe me something for the shock I receive every time I take my shirt off / wear a light coloured t-shirt and don't see big puffy nipples? quote]

Yes, I can prescribe something.  Just put a big sh*t-eating grin on your face and accept all those admiring stares with a straight face -- and just enjoy! 

Welcome to "the other side."

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024