Author Topic: Post-op swelling on one side?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline PC123

Hello!

I had excision bilateral surgery on June 11 and since taking off my compression vest there has been some swelling, majority on one side (which I believe my surgeon said he was taking more out on that side). When I first took off the compression I was very happy! I'm sure 3-6 months down the road my chest should look like it did when I first removed the vest.

Is this normal to have one side swell more? I haven't had much bruising at all, for the first 2-3 days there was some but it went away quick.

Both sides are still pretty tender to touch.

I have also began exercise again a few days ago... not targeting the pecs very much but running, biking and working the core with some minor lifting.

Thanks!

Offline PC123

hammer

Oh my, you didn't fall out of bed! You had surgery! You need to give your body time to heal and it isn't going to heal asymmetrically! This could take months, yes I said months to fully heal and I'm talking 6 months possibly even more!

If you want to kill some time and watch something heal much faster, take a BFH (big fucking hammer) and hit yourself on one of your thumbs as hard as you can and wait for that to heal, as it will heal sooner! I was a carpenter all my life and I'll guaranteeing will hurt and heal sooner! I've done it a few times and have been through at least 7 surgeries!

Good luck!

hammer

When I say it won't heal asymmetrically, I mean at the same rate or same time on both sides!

Offline Dave92

• Posting Member
Its hard to tell which one is swollen.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024