Author Topic: Considering surgery, need advise please!  (Read 1374 times)

Offline NumberOfTheBeast

• Posting Member
Hi. I am 35 years old and 150lbs. I was diagnosed with mild bi-lateral gynecomastia with glandular tissue. My physician advised me to consider surgery but I have a few concerns/worries:

1. Is gynecomastia surgery with lipo safe and does it have any long term health issues?

2. With my level of gynecomastia, will I need to be worried about loose skin that might not tighten right?

3. Considering my skin tone and age, could the incisions around the areola leave any noticable scars that might not settle?

4. Approximately, how long would it take for the recovery considering I might have drains (will I need drains?)?

Thanks in advance

Offline NumberOfTheBeast

• Posting Member

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
1.  Yes to the first part, not normally to the second part.

2.  Not likely

3.  Possibly, but not likely

4.  You should discuss this with your surgeon.  Most of my patients are back at work on Monday after Friday surgery, and I get them back to the gym after a week with a specific regimen that they follow to minimize risk of problems. I don't use drains.  Every surgeon has their own approach, so you need to address these same questions with your surgeon.

Good luck.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline NumberOfTheBeast

• Posting Member
Dr. Silverman, thanks very much for your responses. I have decided to go under the knife next week. I am hoping I can put these concerns/worries/stress behind me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024