Author Topic: Gyno or just chest fat?  (Read 3005 times)

Offline NatureOfGodSpeed

• Posting Member
Male: 19 Years old from Canada
Weight: 74kg or 163lbs
Height: 5 Feet and 7 Inches
My chest is not flat unlike any other men. I know i am a little overweight.
This thing makes me very self conscious, i slouch my back to hide it. I do not know if it is gynecomastia or just chest fat. I just want to be a regular kid that can walk with pride without slouching.
Can someone tell me how to determine by touching/examining my breast if i have a gyno or just chest fat? Because when i touch my arreola my forefinger and thumb meet.
I also attached all the pictures. Thank you gyne forum members and doctors i appreciate your response :)
Thank you...

hammer

Gynecomastia is a term that describes male breast enlargement,  it does not matter if it is fat or breast tissue!

You do look like you may be carrying a little extra weight and some weight lose and work out on the chest may help you out!

Otherwise I would advise you the walk and stand up right because it doesn't do you any good not to and it doesn't hide anything either, besides, your not that bad that you need to worry about hiding it!

Offline Nicky

• Posting Member
Don't worry about gyno, the fat in your chest is proportionate to the fat in the rest of your body. If you want it to go away then lose a little weight.

Offline NatureOfGodSpeed

• Posting Member
Thank you hammer and nikki for your kind responses :) It helped me and made me feel a lot better. I guess ill start to excercise more to be healthy :)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have addressed this question in the Doctor Gallery section of this forum.
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=27922.msg191037#new
Hope it helps.
Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline NatureOfGodSpeed

• Posting Member
Hello doctor and fellow members.
I just had a mamography and it happens to be a fat. Thank you so much.
I was 63kg last year with flat chest and stomach. I need to regain it back.
Now i have peace of mind. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The problem is that the chest (plus abdomen and love handles) is the first place that fat is deposited on a male -- and the last place that it disappears with weight loss.
You may find that you diet and exercise all you want and there may still be stubborn fat deposits on your chest.  And even though your mammogram showed "just fat", most guys do have some breast tissue as well.
Dr Jacobs

Offline NatureOfGodSpeed

• Posting Member
I dont know what to say doctor. I feel down and hopeless again with what you said. a little hope and "go" motivation feeling i got with the advise of hammer and nikki. But sorry. I dont have money for surgery. i work to pay home rents and for my school. Gym is my only hope. Thank you anyways.

hammer

The truth is, it may seem big to you, but it is very minor! People don't notice things like you or I think they do. I know what I'm talking about because I've had gyne all my life and due to health issues I've grown to a 46H size bra! I've gone through 8 sugeries none being gyne sugary and don't plan to either.

I use a wheelchair and I can't tell you how often people don't even notice me, and let doors slam on me or they fall on me, let alone notice the size of my breast!

Work on the extra fat, but don't lose any sleep over it! It's not worth getting all worked up over when there are so many other things in life that can go wrong!

There is an old saying and I'm here to tell you my friend that it is very True. "When you have your health, you have everything"!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024