Author Topic: So Many Worries/Questions.  What Do You All T  (Read 3342 times)

Offline slycon

Alright. First, let me apologize for the pic quality below. All I had was a cell camera to take them with and don't know anyone with a digital camera  >:(    I'll try to add better pictures and update this thread tomorrow.

I'm 25, 6 foot 1 inch. I've always been overweight since my early teen years, but recently I got up to 275 lbs. Ugh. I'm eating healthier, eating less and exercising (for now just cardio, doing it on my own, not at a gym) and about 6 months later I now weigh 208 lbs.  Woo-hoo! I still need to lose a lot more, but I wanted you all to see these pics and let me know what you think.  I'm embarassed by them.  Being with a girl is too difficult for me, I don't wear t-shirts, etc.  I sometimes would wear a loose belt around my chest to flatten them, so I could dress more comfortably in hot weather.  Even though I've lost almost  70 lbs, they are still big and still there. I don't know if they've gone down in size much.  I wish I had old pics to compare them to.  They just seem to hang and be floppy and flabby. If I put my arms down by my sides, they get bigger.  Ugh. lol.  

I also am thinking about seeing my doctor and getting a testosterone level check.  Besides the man boobs, I'm not really having strong erections (ahaha...why am I admitting all this?) and think that low test testosterone might be an issue for me. I dunno.
So, whatta ya think? Gyne? Low testosterone? Or will another 50 lbs or so get rid of them?  Also, if it is gyne, what are the chances of me getting Tufts health plan in the U.S to cover the surgery?  Should I try and ask them?  Thanks guys, and a great place you got here!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 06:40:08 PM by slycon »

Offline Spleen

Def. get the hormones checked.  You have a pear shaped body which could be the weight loss, or something else.  An exercise regimen will greatly help your health and you head.  Good luck.

Offline slycon

yeah, i'll make a doctor's appointment today. I've noticed the "pear shape" body I have.  I have curves...hips! lol.  Even with the weight loss, it's still there and very noticable.  Thanks for the opinion.  Anyone else gotta comment?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Yeah I would get your hormones checked as low testosterone can cause gynecomastia.

Erections or lack of them is not a great indicator and is very rarely caused by low testosterone. Libido is a much better indicator.You still look overweight so that could be contributing to your prbblem.

conversely too much testosterone can cause gynecomastia as well, so if you do have a hormone problem make sure an endo prescribes it. I would start toning up down the gym as well  as that will help your appearance.I would check your hormones level and maybe tone up  and then look at surgery as a back up if you are still not happy.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
same advice as the others. Good luck

Offline slycon

well, went to my regular doctor today. Told him my worries of gyne and low testosterone. He took 3 blood samples and sent them out and I'll have the results Friday. He felt for breast tissue and told me that he believes that I do not have gyne, that it's just fat.  Guess I'll wait and see what the results say about the hormone check!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 12:31:24 PM by slycon »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024