Author Topic: Anxious about my Gyno  (Read 1232 times)

Offline lykanu

• Posting Member
Hello, I am 20 years old (I live in Kaunas, Lithuania) and I have been ''suffering''(If i could call it that way) from Gynecomastia for 1 year and around 3 months total. A little bit of back story:

I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder which makes it a whole new deal for me, i'm really anxious about the growths in my breasts and often think that they are cancerous etc.

The first time I've panicked about the growths i went to get an "echoscopy" (I'm not sure if this is the term in english, it's not my mother tongue I'm sorry). It was done on 2014.12.17 and they've found 1,6x0,5cm glandular tissue on the right breast and 3.5x0.8cm glandular tissue on the left breast. Lymphnodes ok. They told me everything's alright and that i should get a check up after 6 months.

So after 6 months I went to an endocrinologist just to check out if it isn't some kind of hormonal problem. I got a testicular examination, another echoscopy and hormonal blood panel. Everything did not indicate anything else than gynocomastia. (All hormones were ok, no lumps or anything on testicles found etc.) And the weird thing is that i'm looking at the echoscopy report(dated 2015.07.08) and it says "on the right breast 1,4x0,7cm on the left breast 2,3x0,8cm same glandular tissue, lymphnodes ok". So I'm figuring they have shrunked a bit some how? Well carrying on, after i good my hormones done the endo said that i should consult a surgeon because ''what's not supposed to be in my body can become cancerous'' and so she referred me to professor BOGUSEVICIUS.

So finally i meet up with the doctor, he checks me out, and he says that it's nothing to worry about, that i should stop being anxious and live my life. He wrote that i should check up after 24 months and suggested no surgery(because honestly i told him that i don't mind the way my breasts look, visually i can't even differ them from any other man breasts, only the nipple on the left side is a bit bit puffy but that doesn't bother me). So I asked some follow up questions like 'has anyone died from gynecomastia - etc. he said no and that it is more of a cosmetic issue'.

So basically what i'm trying to do, dear doctor reading this, is to get a second opinion, and a few answers:

Should i stop stressing about my breast tissue?
It can disappear(Because even my beard hasn't really reached the full ''manly'' growing stage and i'm 20, so it might be the pubic gyno?)?
I have some itching and pain in my chest area, my doctor (Bogusevicius) told me that it isn't tied to gynocomastia, so i'm probably thinking it's Anxiety related, because i get migrating pains all over my chest and back, and they sometimes are in my nipples, that's what causing me much distress, what do you think about this?
And anything else to calm me down, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :)

Offline lykanu

• Posting Member
Could a doctor please express their opinion on the matter? :) Still waiting.

Offline lykanu

• Posting Member
I'm really sorry to bump this up to the top again. But seriously, can someone answer my issue? I see other doctors replying to other posts... :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024