Author Topic: Advice on Second Surgery  (Read 1241 times)

Offline sfaquaboy

• Posting Member

In 2009 when I was 45 years old I had liposuction done on my chest to remove fat hoping to reduce the size of the chest. I workout  quite a bit and have large pecs so I was not expecting a completely flattened chest, I was hoping for a more proportionate one. After my operation I was somewhat satisfied with the results with the exception of some sagging skin along the sides. So here I am seven years later at 52 and my chest is back to what it looked like prior to 2009 before my operation. I’m 5-8, and weigh about 160lbs, I still workout but have noticed my pecs dropping as I’ve gotten older which is expected. I’m considering having another procedure done to make my chest more proportionate but most of all to remove the side and bottom sagging which makes them look like female breasts. I don’t think liposuction alone will give me the results I want I’ll probably end up with even more excess skin. I’ve read about a breast lift as a possible solution. I’ve provided some photos of what my chest currently looks like. Any advice on what the best likely procedure  that will give me the results I seek would be appreciated.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You would need excision of the glandular tissue.I would accomplish this via a periareolar incision. Without an examination I cannot say if additional lipo is necessary.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You need removal of the glandular tissue as well as some of the surrounding fat. There are various techniques to accomplish this. Depending upon the elasticity of your skin you might also need a little peri areolar skin removal to make surge the nipple does not settle downward too much.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Depending on physical exam, I'd say that you might need resection of "gland" along with liposuction of fat as well. I don't believe you would need any sort of skin removal. It's difficult to determine from photos how much of your chest appearance is related to muscle versus non-muscle (gynecomastia tissue!) tissue, and only the non-muscle tissue gets removed.  You might still have a very full chest which would only seem less full with muscle atrophy. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024