Author Topic: Is this gynecomastia?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Stevens

Hi, I'm new here, and completely new to the term gynecomastia. I thought I was just overweight, but I lost 25 pounds and the breasts are stil there. S I went looking. First found the word moobs, and then this site. A whole new world.
Still I'm not sure. So I ask the quetsion that I see many others asked before me.
Is this gynecomastia?  
I'm 55.
Not ready for a doctors visit yet. And sorry for the background, it was too recognizable. Not ready for anyone knowing (yet?)

hammer

Ya, but it's a mild case! It's very normal to have breast tissue especially if you have been over weight.

If you what you get rid of it surgery is the only way to do that and insurance will not hardly ever cover it, if you are here in the USA.

You have come to a great place no matter what you decide to do!  We are a large group of men that are here for the same reason.  Myself, I have extremely large breast due to health reasons! I require a 46H bra for support and surgery really isn't a good option for me.

Welcome to the forum

Bob

Offline Stevens

Thanks!
I have a planned appointment with an urologist in februari (incontinece problems). I'll ask.

But no surgery for me.

PS Love your signature. This is a test accepting myself on more levels.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:02:17 PM by Stevens »

hammer

Thanks!
I have a planned appointment with an urologist in februari (incontinece problems). I'll ask.

But no surgery for me.

PS Love your signature. This is a test accepting myself on more levels.

I have a little bit of that problem myself. I'll be 59 on the 22nd, and we'll be having our 5th grandchild this summer so having breast or other health problems really aren't that important anymore, the little people are!

I lost my testicles after a vasectomy when I was in my 30's and everything went down hill after that including a heart attack at 37.  I went on disability at 40 and look at life much different than most people I think. My family is very supportive and our faith is very strong! 

I wish you all the best! God bless! 

Bob 

Offline Stevens

You've been trough a lot!
Experiences that make clear what the real value of life is.
I have four kids, no grandchildren yet.
And yes they are a blessing.
Thanks for your kind introduction here, and God bless.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024